Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Butterflies and Dragonflies

For many years my Cut 'n Dry foam pad has sat in my craft cupboard. I decided to take it out one day and use it! Why didn't I use it before? It is wonderful! For those of you who do not know what a Cut 'n Dry foam pad is, it is my new favourite thing! It allows you to create your very own custom made rainbow inkpad. Simply apply inkpad reinkers onto the foam pad. That's it! Next, use your new custom inkpad on your rubberstamp. For our Lasting Impressions customers, I will be teaching this technique in our next Stamp Club! Go to www.lastingimpressionsbluewater.com for more details or visit us at the store.

To create this Butterfly card is simple. Place drops of Adirondack Currant, Denim and Caramal reinkers on Cut 'n Dry pad. Use your new custom inkpad to ink WillowGrove Butterfly. Stamp on white cardstock and mat onto gold paper.

You will never guess how I made the 'Suede' background paper. It is from a diaper liner! For those of you who do not have young babies, diaper liners are sold in a baby department and they look similar to a toilet paper roll. Tear off a sheet and spray with Adirondack Color Washes. For this card I used Eggplant and Currant. There it is, instant Suede paper! Absolutely beautiful!

Don't forget to add Crystal Stickles to the Butterfly!



I used the same WillowGrove Butterfly stamp for this card. However I used different colours for my custom made inkpad. It changed the effect entirely. It was a lot of fun to make the background paper that I used to mat the Butterfly. I spread pigment ink onto embossed paper and sprayed with Lettuce Adirondack Color Wash. The pigment ink acted like a resist which was a nice surprise! For the final background I simply used a light mist of Lettuce Color Wash.



This was the simplest card of my Butterflies and Dragonflies series. I inked the WillowGrove Dragonfly stamp on a Cut 'n Dry inkpad that I coloured with Reinkers.
I matted the Dragonflies on blue and attached them to a card.
A fabulous card in minutes!