Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Altered Angel

Although this Angel is not created with WillowGrove stamps, I thought I would make an exception just this once to show you a unique project that I created this Holiday Season.

I was inspired by the Altered Angels that appeared in Somerset Studio's Nov/Dec 2007 issue. I especially loved the Celtic Angel on page 23. I found an old angel that my Grandma had made many years ago. It was falling apart and needed an update. I spray painted the angel in Aluminum coloured paint. I then painted patches of gold acrylic paint on it. I added silver and copper foil and Adirondack Eggplant Color Wash. I created a head from polymer clay, added pen nibs, chains, a scroll, feather wings, and a cloak.


I created the Angel's cloak from my new favourite material, diaper liners! I glued three liners together and sprayed the liners with Adirondack Color washes. Once they were dry, I stamped Celtic stamps randomly across the liners. I was very happy with the result.

I wish I had taken a "Before" picture of my Angel. This is the earliest picture I have of it. The original was a dull gold with cardboard wings. As you can see, it has been Altered quite a bit, including the head!