Thursday, May 8, 2008

Can You Resist the Fabulous Flower Card?


I am finding it hard to resist the "Resist" technique. A while ago my friend Angela sent me a cardboard DVD case that was completely filled with colour and stamped images. It inspired me and was always a project that I wanted to try myself. I finally made time to do this project but like many of my projects, it evolved from my original intent.

To create this card, I stamped Fabulous Flower in different colours of pigment ink on kromekote paper. Next, I embossed in clear powder. Then I directly sponged pigment ink over the entire card. The ink stayed off of the embossed flowers and the vivid colours of the flowers remained. I then placed a paper over the card and heated it with an iron. (I think this is the only time I bring out my iron...isn't an iron made for Stamp techniques?) I covered the kromekote with Versamark ink and coated it in clear powder once again. This time I heated it with a heat gun to create a linoleum tile effect.