Sunday, April 13, 2008

Inside Out Card

I decided to do something different when I made John's birthday card. I decided to leave the outside of the card plain and decorate the inside of the card. I call it my Inside Out Card.

I used many layers of Alcohol ink on white shiny Kromekote paper. I couldn't leave the Cuttlebug out of this project so I used the Birthday template on my decorated paper.

Don't be afraid to combine WillowGrove stamps. I coloured the heart and flowers with Tombow markers. Tombow markers take longer to dry on Kromekote paper so this allowed me to pour Goddess Gold Embossing Powder (clear powder with gold sprinkles and yes, you can find this at Lasting Impressions) and emboss! This technique adds texture and allows the images to 'pop'.

The last step was to write John a Happy Birthday message. I used a black permanent ink pen which worked well on the shiny paper. But I'll keep my message a secret! :)